Reflection on Wednesday Night's Class and lesson plans

     In class we went over chapter 12 and 13, which were very short chapters but full of great information.  We took time to let the information soak in and we got to research the web site of one our favorite authors.  I had the opportunity to do this activity in my Young Adult Literature class and it was an eye opening experience.      
    I researched Eric Carle web site, www.eric-carle.com which has a section for teachers to submit lessons that they have done with books by Eric Carle.  There was a complete list of Eric Carle books that are in print and those that are no longer being published.
   I liked how we talked about graphic organizers in class.  Dr. Hanna uses them in all of his graduate classes so it was nice that another teacher finds them useful as well.  My favorite one to use with preschoolers is a t-chart.      
    I had no problem thinking of the unit that I wanted to focus on.  However it is taking me awhile to think of how I will write the lesson plans.  There are so many components to Language Arts I am beginning to stress out about missing something important.  When I worked in Head Start we used the High/Scope curriculum for Language Arts and Mathematics so lesson plans practically wrote themselves I just had to add in some differentiation for students with IEP's.                    

Comments

  1. Its good to know that someone else has a problem with coming up with lesson plans from a unit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Word Walls

Book List for My Unit on Fall